Affiliate marketing is a fantastic way for you to earn some side income. Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (company’s) Product. when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission. This commission depending on what product you are promoting. Affiliate marketing is commonly confused with referral marketing, as both forms of marketing use third parties to drive sales to the retailer.
Many online companies who sell products such as E-commerce, web-hosting, or some other service, usually offer an affiliate program. There are two ways to approach affiliate marketing: You can offer an affiliate program to others or you can sign up to be another business’s affiliate.
In this, we cover some point about affiliate marketing
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
- Affiliate Marketing related definitions.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Definition: Affiliate marketing is when you get paid a commission for promoting
According to Pat Flynn (American entrepreneur, blogger,
“Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.”
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Right now we know ‘What is Affiliate Marketing’, let’s understand how does affiliate marketing work?
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways of making money online, wherein you can refer someone to any online product and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a fix commission according to your affiliate partner. This commission varies from $1 to $10,000 depending on what product you are promoting.
Advertiser, Publisher & Consumer
Here are some of the common terms associated with affiliate marketing:
- Affiliates: Affiliates are called those people who join an Affiliate program, promote their products on their sources such as a
- Affiliate Marketplace: There are a lot of companies that offer affiliate programs on different topics.
- Affiliate ID: Each Affiliate is given a unique ID by every Affiliate Programs, which helps Sales in collecting information.
- Affiliate link: Every Affiliate is provided some links for the promotion of different products, which click on the Visitors to another website, where they can buy a product. These links only track sales of affiliate programs.
- Commission: Amount, which is provided to Affiliate according to each sale. It can be a few
percentsof the sale or an amount already fixed.
- Payment Mode: This means that the medium through which you will be given your commission. Individual Affiliates offer different modes. Such as cheque, wire transfer, PayPal, direct bank transfer, etc.
- Payment Threshold: The minimum playing amount that you will earn when you earn. The payment threshold depends on the affiliate company amount of different programs is different.
THE AFFILIATE ALSO KNOWN AS THE “PUBLISHER
You’re the middleman in
You’re creating the marketing funnel that includes the ads, landing pages, and whatever additional means necessary to persuade the customer into making a purchase or signing up.
Your job is to:
- Find products to promote (Offers)
- Find potential customers (Traffic Sources)
- Create marketing material (Ads, Landing Pages, etc.)
- Optimize (Test different parts of the campaign) until it becomes profitable
Thanks for reading this post. If you like this post, please share it.
- How To Make Money Through Flipkart Affiliate Program
- Amazon Affiliate Program, Associate Program
- Best CPM Ad Networks 2019 For Bloggers To Monetize Blog