Are you looking for the Best WordPress image compression plugin for your website or blog? compression plugins help you to easily optimize images to optimize website speed.
Most of the image compression WordPress plugins which are available online for free & then you have to pay if your usage is higher.
In this post, we have compared the best image compression plugins for WordPress.
WordPress Image Compression Plugins
If you want to optimize WordPress website speed, you need to reduce website image size. The best way to do this is by using Photoshop or other image compression software before you upload the image to WordPress.
There are many types of WordPress image compression plugins, these plugins optimize your images by automatically
Best Image Compression WordPress Plugins: Improve Website Speed
- Imagify Image Optimizer
- Wp Smush
- TinyPNG: Compress JPEG & PNG image
ShortPixel image compression plugin specifically for WordPress. They offer both free & paid accounts).
- Supports JPG, PNG, GIF & PDF.
- Restore the original image anytime.
- Compress all old uploads with a single click.
- Process new images automatically on upload.
- No file size limit.
- 100 images free for compressions every month.
- Refer Program: This plugin provides a referral program you get another 100 images every month.
Paid account (10,000 images):
- $9.98 for 10K images.
- Purchased quota never expires.
- Offers monthly subscription.
Imagify Image Optimizer
This plugin offers image compression at 3 different levels depending upon your blog type, you should pick 1 of the 3:
- Normal, a lossless compression algorithm. The image quality won’t be altered at all.
- Aggressive, a lossy compression algorithm.
- Ultra, the strongest compression method using a lossy algorithm.
This is another compression plugin for the image. If you upload an image on WordPress, This plugin automatically optimized image as offer a bulk optimization option for older images.
It automatically compresses images on upload. The tool is developed by the team at WPMU DEV and makes easy to quickly optimize the images
You can also set maximum image resolution, more reasonable sizes while being compressed.
TinyPNG: Compress JPEG & PNG images
TinyPNG and TinyJPG is a free online compression tool for smart PNG and JPEG images, trusted by thousands of users around the world!
The free account gives you 500 free compressions each month. If you want to compress more image you need to upgrade your account.
- 500 images compressed each month.
Paid account (10,000 images):
- 10,000 images cost $85.50 (One of the most expensive for heavy users).
ewww image optimizer
EWWW image optimizer is a very useful plugin for WordPress. Many bloggers used EWWW image optimizer and WP Smush both.
Which is The Best Image Compression Plugin for WordPress?
In my opinion, TinyPNG hardly deserves to be on this list due to its high pricing & limited features.
Again, I will keep adding new WordPress image compression plugins in the future.
Choose WordPress image optimization plugin and save your website visitor from slow website loading time!
You may also read:
- Essential WordPress Security Tips To Keep Your website
- Best Rich Snippets Plugins for WordPress 2019
- What is XML Sitemap In SEO? How to Create a Sitemap in WordPress Website?