Are you looking for the Best WordPress image compression plugin for your website or blog? Image compression plugins help you to easily optimize images in WordPress to improve website speed and performance.
Most of the WordPress plugins which are available online offer a small quota of free compressions & then you have to pay if your usage is higher.
So In this article, we have compared the best image compression plugins for WordPress. (free & paid).
When Do You Need a WordPress Image Compression Plugins?
To improve your WordPress website speed, you need to optimize your images for the web. The best way to do this is by using Photoshop or another image editing software before you upload the image to WordPress.
There are several WordPress image compression plugins that can help you with that. These plugins optimize your images by automatically
Best Image Compression WordPress Plugins: Make Website Faster
- Imagify Image Optimizer
- Wp Smush
- TinyPNG: Compress JPEG & PNG image
ShortPixel image optimizer is an image compression plugin developer specifically for WordPress. They offer both free & paid accounts). Though, there is a one really cool part of this service which I’ll tell you about in a minute.
- Supports JPG, PNG, GIF & PDF.
- Restore original image anytime.
- Compress all old uploads with a single click.
- Process new images automatically on upload.
- No file size limit.
- 100 image free for compressions every month.
- Refer Program: For every referred user you get another 100 images every month.
Paid account (10,000 images):
- $9.98 for 10K images.
- Purchased quota never expires.
- Offers monthly subscription.
Imagify Image Optimizer:
It offers 3 different levels of compression & depending upon your blog type, you should pick 1 of the 3:
- Normal, a lossless compression algorithm. The image quality won’t be altered at all.
- Aggressive, a lossy compression algorithm. Stronger compression with a tiny loss of quality which, most of the time, is not noticeable at all.
- Ultra, the strongest compression method using a lossy algorithm.
This is the best WordPress image compression plugin. It allows you to automatically optimize images on upload as well as offer a bulk optimization option for older images.
WP Smush is another most popular WordPress image compression plugin. It automatically compresses images on upload and can also be used to compress and optimize your older image files. The tool is developed by the team at WPMU DEV and makes it really easy to quickly optimize the images
In this plugin, you can also set maximum image resolution, and your images will scale down to more reasonable sizes while being compressed.
TinyPNG: Compress JPEG & PNG images
TinyPNG and TinyJPG is a free online service for smart PNG and JPEG compression, trusted by thousands of companies around the world!
- 500 images compressed each month.
Paid account (10,000 images):
- 10,000 images costs $85.50 (One of the most expensive for heavy users).
ewww image optimizer:
EWWW image optimizer is a very useful plugin for SEO. I have used EWWW image optimizer and WP Smush both.
The EWWW Image Optimizer will increase your website page speeds by way of image optimization. Increased page speeds can result in better search engine rankings, and will also improve conversion rates (increased sales and signups)
Which is The Best Image Compression Plugin for WordPress?
In my opinion, TinyPNGhardly deserves to be on this list due to its high pricing & limited features.
Again, I will keep adding new WordPress image compression plugins in the future.
We hope we’ve made it easier for you to choose your go-to WordPress image optimization plugin and save your website visitors from a slow-loading website!
You may also read:
- Essential WordPress Security Tips To Keep Your website
- Best Rich Snippets Plugins for WordPress 2019
- What is XML Sitemap In SEO? How to Create a Sitemap in WordPress Website?