White Hat SEO: White Hat SEO is a practice used to improve search performance that is in line with terms and condition of search engine optimization.
White hat SEO techniques are all designed to garnering organic search traffic with high-quality content and can include a number of tactics such as:
Following features in White Hat SEO :
- It ensures good quality of the web pages.
- It ensures availability of useful content on the web pages.
- It does not involve in any deception.
- It conforms to the search engine’s guidelines.
- It ensures that a web page content should have been created for the users and not just for the search engines.
Always follow a White Hat SEO tactic and do not try to fool your site visitors. Be honest and you will definitely get something more.
Black Hat SEO: Black Hat SEO is more frequently used by those who are looking for a quick financial return on their website. Black Hat SEO techniques can be penalized—and in some cases, de-indexed altogether.
These sort of techniques are mainly used on sites with a quick-return business model, like retail sites or subscription sites. Black hat SEO techniques can include:
- Redirecting users to a page that was different from the page the search engine ranked.
- Attempting ranking improvements that are disapproved by the search engines and/or involve deception.
- Redirecting users from a page that is built for search engines to one that is more human-friendly.
- Using hidden or invisible text or with the page background color, using a tiny font size or hiding them within the HTML code such as “no frame” sections.
- Repeating keywords in the meta tag, and using keywords that are unrelated to the website content. This is called meta tag stuffing.
- Serving one version of a page to search engine spiders/bots and another version to human visitors. This is called Cloaking SEO tactic.